Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm Hot!!!!!!!!!

And not as in attractive hot. Physically hot. Energy draining, coma inducing, dehydrating hot. What the hell is up with no A.C. in Europe? I just don't GET IT! I know that the weather is typically more mild and that A.C. isn't a necessity for MOST of the year but I think I would purchase a house with A.C. even if I only truly needed it for a few weeks out of the year. I have already decided we will be purchasing a portable unit. I don't care if they are energy inefficient and if they don't work that well. I will sleep right next to it, if need be. It is hard for me to comprehend the frustration of taking a shower and feeling 100% better only to begin blow drying my hair and starting to sweat before I have even gotten dressed! It is pure insanity I tell you.

Today did not get off to a good start. I slept terribly last night and was up at 6:15am when Deaner got up for work. Somehow, do not ask me how, he broke my iphone screen. Of all the things in the WORLD of mine that he could have broken, it has to be my most prized possession (well, not really but I do LOVE my iphone). The only thing that could have been worse is if he broke my laptop. I'm not going to lie, I cried a little. Thankfully he ordered it a new screen already and it should be here soon. He claims he can fix it himself. Yes, that's right. I tried to fight him on it but I guess if he breaks it all the way he will have to buy me a new one. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and pray. I'll keep y'all updated.

Tomorrow morning we are borrowing Steph and Jon's SUV to take all our stuff out to the house. It will be very nice to get this huge television and satellite dish out of our room! I can't believe the amount of stuff that we have accumulated. We are also making our big Ikea run. We have a loooooooong list of things to buy and are going to have to bite the bullet and spend the money. Good thing it dawned on me a second ago that you can only pay CASH at Ikea. I completely would have forgotten. Just another thing I find irritating about Germany!

I'm off to rinse off (again) before we head out to dinner. We are eating at a really nice restaurant tonight because we figure that we might as well while our meals are still paid for! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Most people in Europe do not have air conditioning. It's hard to believe growing up in the South, where it's very much needed, but I have friends here in the States that did not grow up having air conditioning as well. My parents never had air when living in England, most of the time it is not needed. Hopefully your heat wave will pass, and you'll have some cooler weather!

Unknown said...

The heat is ridiculous isn't it! Hope it starts to cool down soon. Sorry to hear about your phone at least a new screen is already on its way. Enjoy your dinner!

miasmom said...

You are really slacking on the pictures woman.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a great time shopping at Ikea! I love that place! I can't even imagining not having ac. When I was over there it was so hot and unbearable!

susanne said...

I'm sure the hotel staff will be so sad to see the 150 inch TV and satellite dish gone from your room!!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Yeah, that's one thing that I'm not looking forward to about NZ, either - no A/C! I'm one of those girls who has to sleep in a cool room, and I don't know what I'm gonna do over there... guess I'll find out!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Hope you're able to cool off some... and that your furniture moving is moving right along...

I just wanted to let you know that I have as another blogger said it -a Blog Hug (aka Award) for you at my place.

*oh I sure hope you have gotten your swap gift!!!*

Laura said...

Our first two summers in germany I was surfing ebay every hot night, absolutely desperate to get a portable A/C unit. My husband said no way (don't need it that often, expensive, have to drill a hole in the wall, don't work well). Since then, I don't know if I've become used to the heat or if the summers have been milder. hmmm Oh, and if you have an EC card, you can pay with that at IKEA instead of cash!