Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hmmmmmmm

Maybe I haven't been very clear about the role that George plays in our new home!! I loved all the comments yesterday about when are we going to be "George-Free" but the answer might be concerning to everyone! Unfortunately, I'm not positive that we will ever be George-Free!! The truth is, George owns like 5 houses in a row and is only selling the biggest one so that he and his wife can build a smaller house on a piece of land that overlooks the wine vineyards. In the meantime, which he claims will be about 1.5 years, George will be living one house over from us. And his Son lives in-between us. I'm not lying. I have yet to learn exactly how this is going to work but George is going to need to stay on his side of the fence for us to remain friends!! Today I took Deaner over to the house to show him my work on the kitchen while he was gone. Of course, George materialized as soon as we are walking up the front steps. At least he was wearing a clean shirt. I knew he would not be able to help himself offering advice on my paint job and I was right. He tried to tell me that I should have taped using REGUALR OLD MASKING TAPE. And he said "this is very expensive"! Oh please! Masking tape? I think not!

Anyways, I spent 3 hours today trying to arrange our washer/dryer, refridgerator, and closet delivery. It was very frustrating. Almost as frustrating as the fact that the furniture store has our mattress in stock but not our bed. It has been a stressful day. Right now I feel like I am going to die because it is about a million degrees in our hotel room. I was planning a very witty and humorous post today but now that I have had two beers and a steak combined with the fact that I am sitting in a million degree room, I feel like the life has been sucked out of me.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day!

4 comments:

Under this Umbrella said...

You and George can create your own little sitcom. Can't wait to hear more about that.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I would change the locks on that house as fast as possible.

The Pink Chick said...

Sorry your day has been frustrating! I hope tomorrow is better!

EmilyB said...

Ok, I must say that your predicament gives me great perspective. Setting up a new house can be tough (lots of $$...lots of decisions, etc.)...but I cannot even begin to imagine doing it in a foreign country. If you can do this, just imagine how easy it will be when you set up your future home in Atlanta :)