Thursday, June 17, 2010

10 Weeks and Counting

Really 9 weeks and 6 days if you want to get down to the nitty gritty. Or 69 days, but who is counting that closely?!? ME! My doctor's appointment this morning went pretty well. Apparently my cervix is getting a little shorter so I have to sort of take things easy for awhile. No more moving furniture for me. I also had to be hooked up to the fetal heart monitor for a little while to make sure I wasn't having contractions and that everything was okay with the baby. Everything checked out and I go back in 2 weeks. Evans was moving all around on the ultrasound and he already weighs about 4 pounds! Again, I am a little annoyed at my doctor's office because they are closing for THREE WEEKS right at the time I would start going every week. What bad luck is that? I don't want to have to go to another doctor right at the end of my pregnancy. Ugh. Just another thing to worry about.

After my appointment I wasn't able to have lunch with Deaner. Since I had to unexpectedly be hooked up to the fetal heart monitor for 30 minutes, he had to head back to the office. I headed to the toy store on the base afterwards to buy a baby monitor. Deaner's sweet aunt, Susan, sent Evans a very generous baby gift and I am planning on buying the rest of the big things that we need. Of course the diaper pail that I had my eye on is out of stock (AGAIN) so I will have to wait, but I did get the monitor. My list shrinks by the day. Thanks Susan! I know you are reading!

Anyone else excited that tomorrow is Friday? I know I am. I just wish I wasn't marking days by tomorrow being Germany vs. Serbia , US vs. Slovenia, and England vs. Algeria. Saturday is otherwise known as "the rest of the games". How many more weeks of this? Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am glad to hear everything is great with little Evans! He is going to be such a sweet and cute little baby! I can't wait to see him...or his pictures I guess I should say! I am getting excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I just switched doctors myself. I didn't like mine, so hopefully this one will at least meet my minimum expectations :)

BTW, they opened a pottery barn here in Kuwait & I saw all of your lamb items...and you should know that you got a great deal on all of your stuff while everything here is sill full price. Nice job!

~Heidi