Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Rough Re-entry

Jet lag sucks.  That is really all I have to say about that.  For the past two nights Evans has been up between 12:30am and 6:15am.  The whole time.  For those of you who can't count, that is 5 hours and 15 minutes.  In the middle of the night.  With a polite request for "schickens" around 5am each night.  Nine schickens to be exact along with a side of "light a'queen baby juice" (apple juice only consumed out of his Lightening McQueen Cars sippy cup [forget the 984 other perfectly adequate cups we own]).    I'm tired.  And I'm sick of this being what I see at all the inappropriate hours of the day.  And I'm REALLY sick of MY bed being the only venue in which Evans will actually close his eyes.
I was super ambitious when we left the States making all sorts of declarations about how Evans was starting school again the Wednesday we returned.  Yeah right.  There was no way we were getting out of bed this morning.

In other news it has been quite an eventful beginning of the year.  Amidst all this jet lag business Deaner managed to go out for a quick run last night and somehow fall off the curb and into the street.  I know I know, I laughed when he told me too.  Thankfully he was close to home and was able to hobble back but when he took off his sock and showed me the swelling, it took my breath away.  After a trip to the ER this morning he was told that he has torn ligaments in his foot, should stay home from work for a week and has all sort of ridiculous things that need to be done, including giving himself shots in the stomach?  He has been laid up and not feeling great.  Here is the best part.  He has to use German crutches.  For those that don't what this means..........
It's only the funniest thing you have ever seen.  Above is Deaner trying to crutch away at a quick clip so that I couldn't take his picture.  Unfortunately for him these arm brace like contraptions are practically impossible to navigate.  I mean, I can't understand why anyone would ever use these but they are all that the Germans ever use.  You can't even reach for anything on these without them falling over on the floor!  Ridiculous.  But thankfully they came with these really useful instructions.....
I'll have to be really careful about where I throw my banana peels for the next few weeks.  I shouldn't be laughing but it is pretty comical.  If I ever hurt my leg/foot here, I think I would have some crutches imported from the States.  I'm just sayin.......

Off to give the child a bath and then perhaps a large dose of Benedryl (to help his coughing!).
Considering E just kissed me on every inch of my face asking to go take a bath I suppose I will oblige.  Everyone send up a little prayer for a better night sleep tonight!  Happy Wednesday!

1 comments:

instant student said...

I am sorry you had such a rough start into the new year.
The shots in the stomach are to prevent thrombosis.
Did he get these funny stockings, too?

I hope he feels better soon and everybody's sleep schedule goes back to normal soon!