Thursday, February 4, 2010


I am happy to announce that I survived my day of subbing yesterday. However I was so completely exhausted that there was no way in the world that I was going to be able to blog about it yesterday. I arrived at the school at 7:30am on Wednesday and I met with the Special Ed director to be "briefed" on my TWO (not ONE as I was originally told) Special Ed kids. The director told me that he wasn't going to lie to me and tell me that they were easy kids to tell with. Grrrrrreat! I was freaking out. Long story short, it ended up being a pretty good day. The two kids I was incharge of were pretty much fine. The little girl was really sweet and I liked her a lot. The little boy was a little more high maintenance. He actually got mad at me in the lunch line because he dropped his fork on the floor and I told him he had to get a new one. This resulted in him hitting me but luckily it was right as his normal aide arrived and she was able to deal with him. As it turns out I was in the same class for the rest of the day just in a different role. It was not bad and I somewhat enjoyed my day. Minus the fact that I could barely keep my eyes open when I got home. I mean I felt sick I was so tired.

Tomorrow I have fourth graders and I am hoping that they are a little lower maintanence than the kindergarteners. And I am also hoping that the teacher leaves a very detailed outline of what needs to be done. Including lots of movies! My friend has a son that is in the class so I plan on using him as my information source! I already told Deaner that I probably won't be up for much tomorrow night! Too bad it is Friday!

Deaner has to leave on Sunday for England. Bummer! He is going to be gone all week long and I will be home alone! Boo!! I am going to try and work as much as I can and I have some dinner plans but I am thinking that it is going to be a long boring week without him. I couldn't tag along on this trip because he has to go to like 4 different places and honestly, I didn't feel like being in the car that much. If I don't end up working very much, it is going to be a long week. The very least I could do it make some money!

It is worth noting that today the temperature in my car said that it was 40 degrees outside. I don't remember the last time I saw the temperature even in the 30's! Maybe we are turning the bend, but something tells me not to count my chickens before they hatch. Today I met Deaner for lunch, ran to the commissary for a few things that I keep forgetting that we needed (including toilet paper and kleenex!) and then came home and changed the sheets in our room and cleaned up a bit. I have the windows upstairs open since it is so "warm" outside! Hopefully it will air out our house a little bit. Deaner had the sniffles a few days ago and now I am sneezing and coughing up a storm. I am afraid that I have another cold and I am not pleased about it. Anyways, I am off to try and be a little more productive before Deaner gets home from work. We will how that goes! Wish me luck tomorrow! PS--I know I have totally been slacking on the pictures lately but I haven't had a chance to even use my Christmas present yet. Deaner came home last night and told me that we are going to Prague next weekend for Valentine's Day so I should have a chance then! I can't wait!


Jennifer said...

I knew you would make it through! Subs have to be fearless because you have to face a lot of different ages and situations.

Have fun going out of town for Valentine's Day!

KT said...

Glad to hear it went well...I was anxious to hear. Good thing your little friend didn't hit too hard...sometimes kids with behavior problems can be an issue for pregnant teachers. I was hoping nothing bad would happen, but I didn't want to put ideas in your head before you went about kids being violent with you...but it happens....